Worship Is Freedom

Worship Is Freedom

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Love part 1

I had a dream a while back that I want to share. It has some personal application as well as some application for the Church. There are many details so I have chosen to share it in two parts.

In a dream I was walking east on 20th street in Chico (meaning little boy) when a car pulled over to give me a ride. The driver was a seasoned prayer warrior and there was a mature prophet in the passenger seat. I got in the back and we drove off. The prayer warrior and the prophet were communicating as we traveled. We arrived in Reno (the biggest little city in the world) and the prophet spoke to me.

He told me it is hard for him to find time alone with God because many people want his attention.

We arrived at a plant nursery and went inside. I told the prophet I had a revelation about IDENTITY.

He said to me, "I already know who I am, I have walked hand in hand with God for over three years now."

I told him my revelation nonetheless, "We know who we are as we see...."

And then he finished my statement as if he had heard it before, and with a pleasure as if the thought of the statement delighted him... "As we see who Jesus is."

The nursery was filled with plants with no leaves, as if it were winter, and the remains of dropped figs from the last season were rotting on the ground. The prophet proceeded to go into a shed as if to get some tools and the dream ended.

Key points of the dream:
1) Prayer was driving this vehicle of ministry
2) Prophecy was directing the vehicle and communicating with prayer
3) It is important for leaders to set time apart for God
4) It is important to know who we are, which will happen as we see who Jesus is

The Church should be a place of fruitfulness and life, yet so often it is not. God will bring us to the place where we bear fruit for His kingdom. It begins with seeking God through prayer and understanding His heart (prophecy). So many ministries do not give life to people because the leaders do not abide in the vine. It is so important that we spend time with God if we are to walk in His anointing. Many ministers have found themselves too busy to spend quality time in prayer, and because of it their ministries are fruitless. God is calling us back to our first love- spending time in His presence.

God is calling His bride to a place of maturity. Maturity comes as we learn to spend time receiving His revelation. The Church will no longer see herself as little and fruitless, but as the biggest and as fruitful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Prayer was driving this vehicle of ministry, How long does the power of prayer last?

Patrick Carey said...

Prayer is the foundation of ministry in the Hebrew culture. We are called to first minister to God, and this ministry is daily. It is never meant to end. The power of it then never ends. Sometimes we want quick answers for our prayers, but the prayer we are called to is continuous. There is a picture in the book of Revelation of bowls that are filled with prayer and then poured out when they are filled. Our prayers, when prayed in faith, will be answered, but it may not be in our time.