Worship Is Freedom

Worship Is Freedom

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Knights of Heaven

The title of this blog was inspired by the life of St. Francis of Assisi. He led a band of radical monks who he referred to as the "Knights of Heaven's Round Table." They were very committed to a life of prayer and preaching the gospel from town to town. They lived a very simple life so they could be committed to a life of seeking God. The Father showed me a generation coming that will be set apart in such a way, with a commitment to give their lives to seeking God and preaching the gospel to the ends of the earth. They will walk in great power and great humility, pushing aside every hindrance that keeps them from knowing God and making him known. It is time for the knights of heaven to arise in the earth.

I am currently working on two books about the subject. Pray it goes well. The first is currently called "Rise Army of God," and the second "The Knights of Heaven."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think titles of any books are very important as these tell what it will be ahead of time. The titles of your two books: "Rise Army of God," and the second "The Knights of Heaven" seem very [spiritual] battle field or warfare based and pretty much male oriented language.
Men and women are living together in the end time. I feel little bit distant from these words. I think that women may benefit more from the words that connect better to their relationship based spiritual journey through these books. Are there any other words in the scriptures, which could be more of inclusion not division?
What do you think?

Patrick Carey said...

Thank you for the input. These are not the final titles, so they may change. They are books about the victory of the church and spiritual warfare, and so I want to convey victory. You will be pleased to know that I use the term "warrior bride" often in the books. There is a dichotomy in the end times of a church that is both a warrior and a bride, being both feminine and masculine. Maybe that would be a good title. I will consider your thoughts.