Worship Is Freedom

Worship Is Freedom

Friday, February 26, 2010

Dream of the Kingdom

The following is a dream I had many years ago. This is important because sometimes God speaks to us a word that is for the future and He will spend time working it into our lives before we are to speak it out. That is why it is important to write dreams down and pray about them.


In a dream I was returning with a group of young people from a mission trip. It was assumed that we would then all go back to life as usual, working and going to school. I knew in my heart that there was more, and that God was calling me to travel down a different road. It took me a moment to decide, but I finally made up my mind to walk down a lonely road, and I walked by myself. After a while I came to a small town. There was an intercessory prayer warrior in a booth selling or giving away food. I knew I was supposed to take his place so he could rest. Next I awoke in a building in the town. My paintings were there and many signs that were used to preach the gospel. I knew I had to rise quickly and go, for my ride was waiting. I ran out the door, leaving my stuff behind, and jumped in the back of a truck. We headed down the road again. As we travelled I was suddenly in the cab of the truck where I found the intercessor, and one other prayer warrior driving the truck. The end of our journey was a city that was unlike any city I had seen. I knew it was the Kingdom of God.

1) Many are called but few are chosen. God is calling for those who are willing to be set apart for His work. Many are called, but few will step into the call. Many will be distracted by the issues of life. Those who chose to follow the call of God will walk alone at first, or feel as though they are alone. As they persist they will meet others who are on the same road and they will work together.

2) It is important that those on the same road work together. I knew that I needed to help the other prayer warrior and give him rest. If we do not learn to work together we will miss much of what God has.

3) Prayer and intercession are the beginning of the road to the kingdom. As we travel this road God will lead us to His strategy and His power. We will in the process leave many things behind that we find to be fruitless. If we do not leave these things behind we will have a hard time staying on the road. Some of these things are man’s strategies for preaching the gospel, but God is going to show His people a new way as they seek Him in prayer. It is time to awake and seek the face of God. It is time for the Church to awake to the calling of God. A trumpet is sounding.

4) Many are hungry for the deep things of God. It is important not to expect to find food from man. It is time to turn from complaining and turn to prayer. If we build a culture of prayer we will have plenty of food (physically and spiritually). Food and truth will come as the people of God become a people of prayer and worship. In the same way that the prayer warrior was distributing food, so God will raise up anointed preachers out of the place of prayer.

No comments: