Worship Is Freedom

Worship Is Freedom

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Harvest Time

I had a dream in August. In this dream I was helping a friend clean house. I took a break and went to Raley’s, but the only part of the store left was the deli. Everything besides meat was purchased on line. I went in and a man greeted me. I commented to him that I thought Raley’s has the best meat. He offered me a job making sandwiches. I asked him if there would be enough time for me to pray at the prayer house if I worked there, because I knew it was important to keep praying. It didn’t seem to be a problem. He then gave me a ride home and told me I needed to be ready to start December 14th. When I was stepping out of his van he once again emphatically persisted that I make a decision by December 14th. I then went upstairs and continued cleaning house. I was focusing on cleaning vents.


Key points:

1) Only the meat department was there. Everything else was unimportant. God is preparing His bride to be distributors of the meat of the word.

2) He offered me a job distributing the meat in a ready to eat form.

3) Prayer was important.

4) There is a short time to prepare.

5) It is time to clean house, particularly the airways.


The Sandwiches


The ready to eat sandwiches speak of the ability of the people of God to minister effectively. The sandwich speaks of the sandwich of 1 Corinthians 12-14. These chapters are teachings about spiritual gifts, and sandwiched right between them is a chapter on love. A sandwich without bread is a mess that is hard to eat. A sandwich without meat is low in nutrition and not very satisfying. It gives a boost of quick energy, but does not sustain for long or give strength. We need to learn to minister with power and love.


In the famine stricken lands of Africa many children die young from malnourishment. This is due to the fact that the mothers only eat grains and are not able to get enough nutrition to produce milk for their babies. They are able to survive, but they cannot bear children that survive. Without the meat of the word we will not be able to produce the milk of the word for new believers. If we are to reap a harvest in this nation we must first get into the meat of the word.


Spiritual gifts are the package that the love of God is expressed in. It is hard for people to receive the love of God unless it comes well packaged. On the other hand, power without love is empty and lifeless, and can be dangerous. Many ministries offer gifted teachings and preachings that give a boost of spiritual energy for a short time, but that energy quickly runs out. They fail to ignite a heart of love in people. God is releasing a hunger for the meat of the word, and skill about how to make sandwiches for the hungry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! this message fills a great depth of hole in sustaining a bride who is awaken for bridegroon: We need to learn to minister with power and love.

Maggie said...

I like the part about the importance of meat. I wonder if you've had any understanding since then as to what Dec. 14 meant?

Patrick Carey said...

Dec 14 is 4 months from the time of the dream, hence 4 months till harvest. Although it is not harvest time (revival) we can still be witnesses to the world and see fruit. We will then prepare for times of harvest. The disciples saw fruit even before the Holy Spirit was poured out.