Worship Is Freedom

Worship Is Freedom

Monday, May 3, 2010

Prepare for harvest

I had a dream about a year ago that my father and I were on a mission when we became hungry and stopped at a mall to eat. As we walked through the mall we became distracted by everything going on. We became detained in the food court for a long time waiting for our food. People around us were stuffing themselves with large amounts of food. We were there for a long time when I suddenly remembered we needed to go. I woke up and knew that this dream was a message from God telling me that people are distracted from what God has called them to.


A couple of weeks ago I woke up and heard, “December 14th.” I knew it was a time of preparation and that God was calling me to be ready. As I told people about it many of them responded saying, “the harvest is ripe.” I believe we are on the verge of a harvest unlike any this nation has seen. I have felt it as have many others. If we are wise we will prepare for the harvest. One way we can prepare is to pray for workers to be sent into the harvest field. Every farmer knows that when harvest is near many workers must be hired or else much of the harvest could be lost. To effectively reach the many souls that come in we must have workers to bring them in, pray for them to be delivered from the world, and then teach them the ways of God. Tragically the people of God have a history of being ill-prepared for harvest times.


We all have a part to play in God’s kingdom, all having different gifts and callings that work together for the purpose of reaping that harvest. Everyone has an incredible destiny, and everyone has good works that God has destined for them. Jesus gave us a warning regarding our calling, saying, “Many are called, but few are chosen.” I have been feeling the urgency of this truth in my heart lately, that many have been called for great things, but that many are in danger of missing their call. In Jesus day many were called to follow Jesus, but most of them were too distracted by life to embrace the call. They were called to be among the early Apostles and Evangelists that changed the world, but they never found time to join with Jesus in what he was doing. One man promised to follow Jesus as soon as he finished a big business deal. Another promised that he would follow him as soon as he was finished taking care of his family. Another was busy shopping and dealing with the cares of life. These are all real issues that we deal with and are important, yet for many they become more important than God. God will take care of those things if we trust Him and do what He calls us to. PREPARE FOR HARVEST!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your point: ".....These are all real issues that we deal with and are important, yet for many they become more important than God. God will take care of those things if we trust Him and do what He calls us to. PREPARE FOR HARVEST.....", does it also relate to a sensitivity to voice of his spirit?

Patrick Carey said...

One of the best ways we can prepare for what God has called us to is to become sensitive to His Spirit. The more we listen to His voice and are obedient the more effective we will be in the kingdom. In order to listen to God we must have our attention on Him, and if we are distracted by many things that is hard. God calls us to go, but there are other things we need to do first.